Why should you? n.t. (via jaimelannister)
don’t trust people who don’t support you as you try to grow into a more mature and self-realized person. don’t confide in people who aren’t as interested in your triumphs as they are in your downfalls.
Help for a Shame-Based Personality
If you think you have a shame-based personality then the following suggestions might help you deal with this.
First … What NOT to do
1. Recognise that you’re being lied to –what they’re saying isn’t true. The truth is you’re a valuable and worthwhile individual. Choose to believe that this is true. Accept – and don’t reject – yourself.
2. Realise that it is pointless to argue against those who are in the habit of shaming, and putting you down. They don’t care about the truth - so save your breath; don’t waste your time.
3. Avoid the person who is shaming you as much as you can. You don’t need that kind of toxic person in your life.
4. Recognise and resist when they attempt to control you by embarrassing, shaming or manipulating you. Relationships are based on a healthy respect. You discuss and negotiate - you don’t try to control.
Second … What TO Do
1. Remember that “Nobody can make you feel bad about yourself without your consent.” When others try to dump on you, refuse to take it. Healthy people don’t dump shame on others. So, recognise that the problem is theirs – not yours.
2. Remove yourself from the influence of the shamer. That’s not a healthy place for you to be.
3. When you feel more confident. Think about confronting the shamer. Tell them (respectfully) that you’re not accepting that kind of treatment, then end the conversation and walk away.
4. Deliberately surround yourself with healthy people who can see your strengths and who will treat you well.
5. Notice and affirm your good qualities and strengths – and stop thinking of those lies that the shamer dumped on you. Focus only on the positives - and choose to LOVE YOURSELF!
the world is incredible. there are girls in this world, and there are also dogs. you can put melted cheese on any type of potato. sometimes flowers grow even when nobody is there to water them. right now on this same planet where we live there are people who are in love with each other kissing each other on the nose. emotions and colours are both things that exist. everything is so great
I am a very, very beautiful flower and I stand my ground against lightning, hurricanes, tsunamis, and earth quakes. I am courageous and magnificent. I will not let anyone tear me from my roots, rip away pieces of who I am, or stomp me into the ground until I fall apart because I am better than that. I am strong and I will survive.
Shoutout to my white NDNs, to my black NDNs, to my asian NDNs, to my full bloods
Shoutout to my Celts, to my Samoans, to my Latin@s, to my Yakuts
Shoutout to the victims of discrimination
Shoutout to the victims of colonization
To the oppressed
To the repressed
To the depressed
If you are alive, you have suffered
If you have suffered, you need a rock
I can be that rock